Wednesday, April 9, 2008

The Rusty Matcutter & Muses' Gallery

I'm busy getting ready for my next show at Rock Hill Bakehouse. I'll be hanging it April 20th, and the reception is Thursday, May 15th from 5:00 - 7:00 pm. But I want to share a tip with readers about hanging a show - There's a new frame shop in town!

The Rusty Matcutter & Muses' Gallery will be framing a bunch of art for me for this show, and I was really surprised to find that their framing prices came up to just about exactly what it would cost for me to frame something myself! I've been doing my own framing for the two years I've been showing my art, and while I certainly am proud of that fact, it's such a relief to leave the grunt work up to somebody else - especially when I'm not paying anything extra for it! These guys really appreciate the starving artists out there.

Another exciting thing about these guys is that they have a gallery. There's a Figures Show coming up Friday, April 18th from 7:00 pm - 10:00 pm that coincides with shows going on in the Tom Myott Gallery and Dave Francis Studio - all located in The Shirt Factory, at the corner of Cooper and Lawrence Streets in Glens Falls, the same building that houses my studio.

Timeless Comfort, M.C. Huskie

What's even more exciting than the gallery at The Rusty Matcutter is the gift shop, and I'll tell you why - they're carrying my chainmaille jewelry and upcycled bracelets! In time for the May Open House, on Saturday, May 3rd, there will be a display of Ivy Teakettle jewelry. It's especially exciting because presently they are the only brick & mortar store carrying my items. Now you can go in, try things on, and see them in person - and while you're there, peruse the other neat goodies in the gift shop! You can always look in the Ivy Teakettle etsy shop to see what's new, as well - it's updated almost daily.

The Rusty Matcutter and Muses' Gallery is open:
Wednesday, Thursday, Friday from 11:00 am - 6:00 pm
Saturday 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Sunday 10:00 am - 1:00 pm

Stop in and check them out!

No comments: