Saturday, January 23, 2010

Lots of news!

I have been asked to join the board of Art in the Public Eye (A.P.E.), the umbrella organization for Third Thursday Art Walks. Adding this to my already full plate will be a challenge, but I'm honored to have been asked. My first ever solo art show was through Third Thursday, so this is a nice full-circle moment for me in my art life. These folks are dynamic and going places. I'm excited to be a part of it.

I'm continuing on with North Country Arts Center as board member, and will again help chair this year's Colors of Fall Art and Craft Festival - which we are already starting to think about for 2010. If you have feedback, are interested in becoming a vendor, or would like to help out, please let me know! The organization is also looking to expand to the north - be in touch if you're up that-a-way and want to jump on board with some new initiatives.

I am also a part of the new Buttondown Gallery in The Shirt Factory in Glens Falls, which has its first show, Winterscapes, coming up. The reception is Saturday, Jan. 30, from 3 to 7 p.m. I think Rhea Love Doran (who will be running Buttondown) has a lot to offer.

I'm also helping out here and there at LARAC - another organization I'm proud to be involved with. I'm also helping out at Hocus Pocus Consignment, the awesome new children's store that has opened up next to Finders Keepers (same management) on Broad Street in Glens Falls. Some of my artwork and jewelry will be displayed there for sale, so come and check it out! Lots of quality kids' clothes, toys and more, too. Stop by Sundays from noon to 4 p.m. if you want to see me there.

Some of the artists in the vampire-themed show at Galleria Transylvania at The Shirt Factory were interviewed for Mountain Lake PBS (self included!!!). It was filmed in late 2009, but will be airing next week. We should be able to watch it online here once it's aired.

On the jewelry front, I'm trying my hand at silver chainmaille. Materials are crazy expensive, but the end result is beautiful. On the flip side, I'm also making some funky earrings made with garbage - Tupperware lids, take-out containers, styrofoam, broken scissors, etc. Keep an eye on IVYTEAKETTLE - I'll update once I have a free second!

No comments: