Thursday, February 21, 2008

Studio hours!

I've been going through a lot of art angst, and it seems that the solution is to crack down and get back into the art part of this whole thing. The marketing plate is spinning, and it's time to go back to the production plate, and spend some hard hours in the studio. I've decided to try out studio hours: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, 5pm - 10pm.

With the knee-jerk ink-dumping paint-spattering ten-pictures-an-hour whirlwind habit that I've gotten into, this is going to be torture. Five hour studio stretches? You may as well tell me to run ten miles. It's going to be just like starting to exercise after a long break. But hopefully this will get me back to center, get me in focus again, and get the creative juices flowing.

Feel free to stop by the studio during those hours - I'll be glad for the break!

Exceptions to the new studio hours (this coming Wednesday is a NCAC meeting, for example) will be posted outside the door and on my website's calendar.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

WHEN YOU CROCHET WITH PLARN, HOW DO YOU GET THE COLORS IN THE ITEM YOU ARE MAKING?

Kate Austin-Avon said...

sheilascrafts, the colors are just the colors of the plastic bags you use.

bob said...

First of all your art is amazing, and i am already a fan. My ? for you. Where do you get your insperation from? God,life,people,universe or something inside?

Kate Austin-Avon said...

I get my inspiration from everywhere - I think God, life, people, the universe and me are all interconnected, so it's all inspiring...