Saturday, September 8, 2007

Art Show - Lake George Lakefront Walkway Show

DSC00903.JPG


The First Annual Lake George Lakefront Walkway Show was well-attended, but unfortunately not by people seeking art. I'm grateful for the exposure, but I don't think I'll do this show next year unless they decide to advertise it better. I spent most of the day plein air painting (and getting a sunburn!), and created a new piece - Wishes. It's just about finished in the above picture. This piece is on a large piece of yupo, painted blue with acrylic paint, and then overlaid with watercolor drips and spatters. The swirls are places where I wiped away the watercolor to show the blue acrylic paint underneath. I touched everything up with watercolor. With pen, I wrote thoughts, wishes, prayers, and affirmations in the swirls coming out of the figure's mouth.

No comments: